All site work except for establishing vegetation in a few areas was completed in July. Production of stone began in late August and early in September 2011 various products were brought into specification. CYI has already secured orders for ballast shipments into Florida and the first rail shipment too place late September. A grand opening is planned for January 2012 and full commercial operations will follow soon thereafter with the majority of the materials to be shipped to customers by rail.
To date the project has racked up some impressive statistics:
- Over 200,000 man hours worked with over 100 contractors on site
- Placed approx 1.2 million cubic yard of rock and soil excavated
- Excavated over 200,000 tons of granite from the pit to APAC temporary plant stockpile
- Poured approx 4,000 cubic yards of concrete for screen and crusher foundations, surge tunnel, truck scale, conveyor piers etc
- Installed 23,000 LF of rail track
- Installed over 12,000 ft of conveyors
- Installed over 4,000 conveyor idlers
- Installed over 3,000 LF of Oldcastle RCP for storm drainage
- Installed over 5,000 LF of electric utility duct banks
- Installed 30,000 LF of silt fence
- Installed approx 520 TN of structural steel
- Delivered approx 28 TN of AR liners
- Approx 3.5 million pounds of steel delivered to the site in total.
Since April 2011, the truck scale has been operational and the quarry is offering several types of material for sale to the general public from 7.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday. Crusher run, number 4 and rip-rap aggregates are currently available.